OVERVIEW of 2019 Annual Meeting: Joybringers International Church of Everett
A slide deck from this meeting can be viewed here.
Meeting called to order: Aug. 3, 2019, 10:00 a.m., Lynnwood WA
Declaration of Quorum of Members present: All current board members present
- Lori Greenwood
- Kent Fobian
- Crista Salgado
- Austin Salgado
Review of minutes of previous meeting for correction and/or adoption by membership: Because ministry activity was inactive/put on hold between late September 2017 and January 2019 a review of minutes from the July 26, 2015 annual meeting were reviewed and approved. And a summary of steps taken during our inactive phase were revisited:
- Prior to inactivity, last annual meeting: July 26, 2015
- Prior to inactivity, last public worship service: Dec. 27, 2015
- Termination of worship sanctuary lease (with a good-faith agreement for access to office space): Jan. 29, 2016
- Closing of banking accounts and P.O. box: Sept. 2017. Redirection of ministry mail to residence of designated agent, Lori Greenwood.
- Website domain URL and Facebook page deactivated until further decision
- WA State/Secretary of State’s Office for Nonprofit & Charitable Organizations informed of our decision/plan to be placed on temporary inactive status. All required paperwork filed.
Treasurer’s report: A financial report regarding opening a new banking account, including revenues/donations and expenditures for restart costs was shared by Lori Greenwood.
Committee reports: Government Filings Update
- Reinstatement of both Federal and State status has been completed and accepted by government agencies. Submission of updated annual reports has been completed.
Program organization report:
- All members agreed that immediate actions should be taken to develop a new website and re-establish social media presence. Action items include securing the use of former URL/domain address: joybringerseverett.org and reactivating social media page/presence on Facebook. Project/development assigned to Lori Greenwood.
Old and/or unfinished business: Covered during review of past minutes (see above).
- A series of 3 group discussions occurred among all members aimed at developing future initiatives, Christian teaching/training materials for personal growth in addition to church worship services while plans to find an assembly location developed.
- Because agreement on next steps could not be reached, additional research and potential new suggestions were assigned to Kent Fobian for follow up.
Adjournment: Meeting concluded at 12 p.m./Secretary of State